Friday, July 20, 2012

Magic makeover on and old shirt

  I bought this shirt at Goodwill for $3.  Thought I loved it, but after wearing it I realized it had some major problems.
#1 Sleeves too long  
#2 -material to tight on my tummy.  No matter how much I sucked in...it didn't look cute.

Please excuse my freezy hair.  It was a long day with my kids ...

So I got to thinking....maybe I will cut the sleeves and bunch up the sides.

I cut off about 6 inches and did a basic hem around the sleeve.


Then I added some elastic to the sides.  I sewed the elastic in place, and then pulled the elastic tight as I went down the shirt.  When you release the elastic, the material will be bunched up.


In just 15 minutes, I had a new shirt that I really do love.



Happy sewing!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment