Saturday, May 12, 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap

Now that I have refinished my laundry room, I thought I would try to make some homemade laundry soap.  I kept seeing all these directions on Pinteres.  I decided to use the one I found on  whynotsew.blogspot.com.
She gives great step by step directions with pictures.  I was amazed at how easy it was and all of the ingredients I found at Wal-mart.

Bar of Soap
Borax
Washing Soda
Water

I have washed a few loads with the soap and it works GREAT! It took about 45min to make, and like I said before.... sooooo easy.  The best part....the cost.  Laundry Detergent can be so expensive, and with a family of 5 we go threw it like crazy.  It cost me $14 for the ingredients, but I will be able to make at least 10 more  gallons of detergent.  And I didn't even have to clip a coupon.

Well, its the weekend...so my laundry awaits!

 - Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment