Sunday, April 29, 2012

Family Art

 I am sooo excited to show you this project.
 I have been thinking about it for months and I finally got it done!


    I found this adorable nest in my backyard and wanted to do something with it.... I thought it would be clever to represent our family by putting 2 blue eggs for my boys and 1 pink egg for my sweet baby girl.
So this is what I did...

1. Take a raw egg and poke a hole at the top and bottom with a safety pin.  Blow into the top hole and the raw egg will come out of the bottom.  Rinse it out and you have yourself an egg.   (You can skip this part if you do not wish to keep the eggs as decorations or for an extended period of time)

2. Dye the eggs.  I used vinegar, water, and food coloring.  (Measurements are right on the back of food coloring box)  I then specked them with white and brown paint. I use a small paint brush and just throw paint at the eggs. It is quite fun!

3.I was blessed to have the best photographers in the world, Billy and Rachel Hyer from Hyer Images, take my picture.   If you are doing it yourself, take the picture outside on a sunny day.

4. Add your family name and the date in which you got married

5. I watched Group On like a hawk, and bought a photo canvas deal.  It was a 16x20 canvass  for $39

My nest proudly hangs in my hallway, and it makes me feel so blessed and happy to see my sweet family art.
What would your nest look like?


- Stephanie

2 comments: