Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Decorations and more....

Can I just tell you how much I love Pinterest?... From cooking, to crafting, to decorating, and to styling it is my new LOVE.  Easter has been so easy and so much fun this year.  Here are all the fun things I found and the blogs to get the tutorials....

1. Glow in the dark egg hunt....Picture and Idea from -  tylickadventures.blogspot.com


This was sooooo much fun!  I took a dozen plastic eggs and glow sticks from the dollar store and filled each egg with a glow stick.  We turned off all the lights in our house and played for a long time with the kids.  Also, you can put the glow sticks in the freezer and they can last for at least two days.

2. Easter Wreath  -  Idea from Mom&wife.com


This was a lot of fun to make.  Cost of materials - $10
Straw wreath - $4 from Michaels
2 lg bags of eggs - $4 from Walmart
bag of grass - $2 from Walmart

3.Easter Banner - Idea from Modernparentsmessykids.com



This was so easy and cost me $0  ...these are my favorite crafts!!
I took paint chips from Lowes and made an egg shape.  Punch out two small holes at the top of each egg and thred some ribbon threw it.   Used my Cricket to make the letters and thats it!

4. Dining Room Table Deco


 All of my kids love playing with these decorations.  I found these adorable ceramic bunnies at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore for $.50 each.  I couldn't pass them up.  Then I placed grass down with eggs. Its so bright and colorful.  I also added jellybeans under the candles for some more pizzazz!

And lastly, my centerpiece that I wrote about last week is finally getting some grass.



Happy Easter!  Thanks for stopping by....

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I saw that too on Pinterest. Can't wait to try it... Have you done it with your kids?

      Delete