Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter Centerpiece



I saw this adorable Easter centerpiece on Pinterest and knew it would be a  fun project for my children.  There was no name attached to photo so I do not know who to give credit to.  But, here is my version....

Materials:

1. Some kind of basin.  This is a plastic bin that goes under a plant pot (Wal-Mart $.50)
2.Dirt
3.Small clay pot (Dollar Store)
4.Bag of Rocks (Dollar Store)
5. Grass Seed (Wal-Mart  $3)
6. Water Bottle (Dollar Store)
7. Some sticks and string

Total cost of project: $6.50

Directions :
 Place dirt in basin.  (This was my boys favorite part) Place clay pot and rocks in dirt. Sprinkle with grass seed.  Make simple crosses with your sticks and string.  Put crosses in your dirt.  Place basin in sunny spot and spray with water everyday. (I hot glued some burlap around the basin to give it an earthy feel)


It looks kinda lame right now....but it will look so good once the grass starts growing.  We have placed ours in the middle of our kitchen table.  The kids look at it every time we eat.  Tonight they asked " Who were the other two crosses for?"  Its such a great visual and a great reminder that our Savior Lives!

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Its the cutest Easter decor I have ever seen. Great job Gammons Crew:)

    ReplyDelete