Sunday, April 15, 2012

My garbage pick find!

Now that I have completed all the three Hunger Games Books I can get back to my crafts.  Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but those books sucked me in.  I was even having dreams that I was in the Hunger Games!

Anyways...last week I garbage picked this adorable chair.  I loved the curves and that fact that it was solid wood was priceless. My husband always laughs at the things I find on the side of the road.
 Lets get to work....
1.  Unscrew the seat and remove the old fabric.
This seat had four layers of fabric.  Wow...where has this chair been?  I love to think about the history of furniture.

2. Sand the chair with sandpaper.  I also removed the flowers using a screwdriver and hammer.
3. Paint whatever color you like.  I chose white because that is what I had in my paint collection.
4. Let dry and sand edges with sandpaper
5. Apply a stain on the edges with a rag or sponge brush.  I used MinWax Dark Walnut.
6. Take a clean rag and immediately wipe off stain.
7.  Take some fabric and with a staple gun, staple fabric on backside of chair seat
8. Screw seat back on chair and you are done!!!
Total time of project...2 hrs.
Cost....free!

What have you garbage picked lately?

1 comment:

  1. Steph that looks awesome! I need to get in on the trash picking one morning :)

    ReplyDelete