Tuesday, February 14, 2012

From bed posts to candlesticks


As I was shopping at the thrift store, I came across a wooden bed frame for $.99. It was definately beat up, but I loved all the curves.  I thought it would be fun to try to make them into candlestick holders.  Here goes....
1. With a table saw, cut off the top and bottom ends to make a flat surface. I also took the two parts that I cut off the posts and glued them together to make a third candlestick holder
2. Fill in the holes with wood putty and let dry completely.  Sand the entire piece with med. grit sandpaper.
3.Paint the holders any color you like and let dry completely.
4.Rough up the edges with sandpaper.
5. Apply stain with a rag and then wipe off immediately with a clean rag.
6. Place candles on top and you are set!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the candle sticks...thy look trendy and expensive ...great idea!

    ReplyDelete