Sunday, February 26, 2012

Laundry Room Finished!!!

My laundry closet is finally finished.  I already shared how I made the curtains and in this post I will show you how I made the other two pieces.
This was my inspiration for the colors.  This adorable picture was made for me by my friend Angie.  It finally found a home.
The Laundry sign was pretty easy to make.
1. I bought a piece of wood at Lowe's for $7.00
2. Primed it with white paint and used a Cricket to make the letters as a stencil. If you do not have a Cricket you can always pick up stencils at your local craft store.
3. I then painted the piece of wood orange. I used a small tube of acrylic paint that cost $1.00 from Walmart.  I traced around the stencils and painted the letters brown with acrylic paint. (also $1)
4. I then roughed up the edges with sandpaper.
5. I applied some stain with a rag and wiped it off immediately with a clean rag.
6. I attached a hanger to the back and it was finished.


I also made this item for the ironing board.

1.  I used a scarp piece of wood and followed the same steps that I did for the Laundry Sign.
2. I bought two coat hooks from Lowe's for $3 a piece and screwed them to the wood.
3. I screwed the wood into the wall and hung up the ironing board.

Total cost : $2.00 for paint, $7.00 for wood, $6.00 for hooks = $15.00

Not too bad for a weekend project!



5 comments: