Saturday, February 11, 2012

A fun centerpiece


I first saw this centerpiece on Pinterest and knew I had to make it for our kitchen table.  It said that is was from cellardesign.com, but I could not find it on their website.  This is my version.....

1. Cut wood into 3 pieces.  2 that are 5x4x3/4 inches and 1 that is 5x25x3/4 inches.
2. Trace out 4 holes on the large piece of wood that are slightly larger than the base of your plant or mason jar.  Drill a hole using a bit that is slightly larger than your jigsaw blade in the center of the traced circle. Place the jigsaw blade inside the hole and cut out the circle.



3. Screw in the smaller pieces of wood to the larger piece of wood to make a table.

4. Paint it white and allow to dry completely.
5. Sand the whole thing with med grit sandpaper.  Go especially rough on the edges.
6. Using a rag or sponge brush, apply stain to the wood.  Remove immediately with a clean rag.
7. Allow to dry and......wala!  You have a centerpiece.
I bought $3 plants from Wal-mart and filled mine up. You could also use herbs or use mason jars and fill them with fresh flowers, crayons, candy,etc...
 Because I used scrap wood and old paint from my garage the total cost of this project.... $12

3 comments:

  1. Great idea!! So happy for you to start this blog!! Go Steph go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrie said on facebook to check out her friend's blog and who knew it was Mrs. Stephanie!!! Love your ideas! You totally have me beat, I have no idea how to use a saw!! :)

    ReplyDelete