Friday, February 17, 2012

Spray Painted Lamp




 Another great find at Goodwill.  This cute little lamp was only $2.99.  I needed a lamp for my guest room and knew this would be perfect. It just needed some work and a shade.
1. Get some spray paint.  I really like RUST-OLEUM spray paint. (heritage red - satin finish). But,  I'm sure any kind would be fine.
2. Cover all the places you don't want to get paint on. I used saren wrap and painters tape.



3. Spray in a well ventilated room.  I prefer to use a drop cloth outside.  This day it was raining, so I did it in my garage.


4.  Allow to dry and enjoy!


5. Total cost = $22  , $3 for base, $4 for paint, and $15 for shade.  I probably could have found a better deal for the shade, but I haven't had a lamp in my guest room for 2 years and I was ready to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment