Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Operation Closet Organization (part1)

Ok....So the challenge that I have set for myself is to organize all the closets in my house.  I will organize one closet a week and share my photos.  This will help me to stay accountable and actually get it done.  It amazes me how my closets get so funky and cluttered.  I hate even opening them up.  My first closet....my laundry closet.  It's so small I can't even call it a laundry room.
This is my Before.........

and After......

I used a tension shower curtain rod for my rod.  I sewed two panel curtains and hung on the rod.   It hides the clutter so well.  For the curtain:
1. Measure the length of your wall and make 2 panels that length.  The height is up to you, I just wanted them long enough to cover my big box of rags and toilet paper.
2. Sew a hem around three sides of each panel.

3. Fold the top of the fabric down at least 5 in and make a slot for the rod to go through.

4. Sew a straight line and you are done!  I like having two panels because I can put my laundry soap up on the shelf and it makes it easy to open in between the panels.

I also bought two baskets from the dollar store to keep on top of the dryer.  One holds all my missing socks, and the other is for lint or garbage.

Total cost for this project =$2.00

I already had the rod, but Walmart carries them for around $10.  I also had the fabric, but you can use sheets, drop cloths, etc... be creative.

I still have two small projects for the laundry room that I haven't completed yet.  I will post them soon for the final reveal

So my laundry closet isn't super fancy, but organized (for now).  Maybe this will help me keep up with my laundry..uuggg!

2 comments: